The purchase of A-29 Super Tucano Air-Craft by the Nigerian Air force has been criticized by many from far and beyond, including blogger of Nigerian Origins, earlier this week on defensenigeria.wordpress.com, the blog article on if the Nigerian federation came under attack, it review some aspect of the nation’s security challenges and the state of the Nigerian Military. It lambasted and the Purchase of the super-tucano aircraft by the Nigerian Government a dumb purchase, and refer to the A-29 more as a crop duster in terms of maybe look and structure. But guess what it a No! The Brazilian Built Turbo-prop aircraft was purposely built by the Brazilian firm Embraer Defense and Security for the the Brazilian air force and the United states air force. when the United States Air-force made a request from over a dozen firm for a high precision target aircraft for its counter-insurgency aircraft and Embraer Firm won the contract and started building units of them for the air force.
Here we take a brief look at the A-29 Supertucano aircraft combat history and capabilities. and why the A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft is not a crop duster, but a terrorist duster. with the max operational range of over 800km and a top speed of over 319knots (519km/h) i think that’s okay for a purposeful built aircraft. It has high maneuverability and can strike any target 20km away without any casualties unlike 4++ Gen fighter that could cause casualties probably when on precision target mission .
The A29-Super Tucano aircraft is really the choice for the Nigerian air force and for the federation at this time considering the harsh economy and un-favourable condition of the allocation to them.
- Internal: (2×) 12.7 mm (0.50 in) 1,100 rounds per minute FN Herstal M3P machine guns, one in each wing.
- pod: 1 20 mm (0.79 in) 650 rounds per minute GIAT M20A1 cannon below the fuselage.
- pod: 1 12.7 mm (0.50 in) FN Herstal HMP for M3P machine gun under each wing
- pod: up to 4 7.62 mm (0.30 in) 3,000 rounds per minute Dillon Aero M134 Minigun (under development) under wings.
- Hardpoints: 5 (two under each wing and one under fuselage centreline) with a capacity of 1,550 kg (3,300 lb)
- (4x) pods 70 mm (2.75 in) LM-70/19(SBAT-70
- (4x) pods 70 mm (2.75 in) LAU-68A/G
- AIM-9L Sidewinder
- MAA-1A Piranha
- MAA-1B Piranha (under development)
- Python 3
- Python 4
- AGM-65 Maverick
- Roketsan Cirit
- General-purpose bombs:
- (10x) Mk 81
- (5x) Mk 82
- Incendiary bombs:
- Cluster bombs:
- Precision-guided bombs:
- FPG-82 (under development) Friuli Aeroespacial INS/GPS guidance kit for Mk 82.
- SMKB-82 – INS/GPS guidance kit for Mk 82.
- GBU-54 (under development)
- GBU-38 (under development)
- GBU-39 (under development)
- Paveway II
- Lizard – Elbit laser guidance kit.
- Griffin – IAI laser guidance kit.
Trust me folks, you have no idea what the Tucano can do, with Modern 4++ Generation Avionics and Precision strike capabilities, i think it not a Crop duster